Lots of your questions this month only require short answers, so I’ll try to get to as many of them as I can…even combining several questions into one:
1) Is Country’s Family Reunion planning a cruise to Alaska? I would be very interested in that one. And does Larry Black ever plan on a tribute show to Jean Shepard?
We did a cruise to Alaska a few years ago. I have not heard of any plans to do another one. I have also heard of no plans to do a Jean Shepard tribute.
2) Did you ever appear on an episode of Hee Haw? I don’t think I’ve seen you on the show.
Then you must have blinked! I was on Hee Haw probably close to a dozen times over the years, and always enjoyed it.
3) Are you still planning a show in Colorado for 2018? Are you going to be playing at Renfro Valley this year? Is your 2018 tour going to swing through Dayton, Ohio or some place close?
We were scheduled to appear in Palmer Lake, Colorado, May 19th, but I’ve since been told that the show has been canceled. I’ve not heard anything about our going back to Renfro Valley, and the closest we’ll be to Dayton, Ohio, at this point is Winchester, Ohio, on Sept. 22nd. Keep in mind our complete schedule is still a work in progress and things can change. Best way to keep up is the Tour page at www.billanderson.com.
4) I am from New Zealand and can’t find any vinyl records of you. Are there any?
I don’t know if any of my old Decca and MCA vinyl records are available in New Zealand or not. I recorded over 40 such albums through the years, so some should be floating around somewhere. Maybe check with stores that specialize in older records or reach out to a collector. Good luck…and let me know what you find.
5) I haven’t heard anything from Bear Family Records concerning their releasing a second box set as a follow up to “The First Ten Years.” Have you?
Not a peep. But things in this business can change on a dime. Keep your fingers crossed.
Thanks for your questions. You can always ask yours by writing to me at email@example.com. See you back here with more next month.